K-BEAUTY FOR BACNE (BACK ACNE)
It’s the lesser-known but equally annoying sister of acne and we’re #notaboutit. If you want to get rid of your bacne quickly and painlessly, put down the tweezers!
K-Beauty for bacne (back acne) involves a pain-free and simple solution to this often embarrassing problem.
WHY DOES BACNE OCCUR?
Just like your face, the back has numerous sebaceous glands secreting oil and sebum. When these build up around the hair follicles on your back and combine with dead skin cells and bacteria, they can clog them, leading to bacne. Since breakouts will inevitably happen, your goal should be to lessen their effects when they pop up. This is where K-Beauty comes in.
WHAT ARE SPOT PATCHES?
Korean skincare spot patches are a perfect solution for discretely dealing with breakouts, no matter where they occur.
Spot patches like Subi Perfect Pimple Patches are thin patches are made of hydrocolloid, which feels similar to a hydrogel sheet mask in texture, except much, much thinner. Once stuck to your skin, they adhere well (staying on even while showering and washing your face). They treat breakouts by eliminating infection and bacteria and absorbing debris from breakouts, and helping to flatten and heal acne faster.
We love them because they’re:
- Easy to use and remove
- Low irritation
- Perfect for pimple emergencies
- Ideal of all skin types, but especially sensitive skin, dry skin and acne-prone skin
HOW CAN PIMPLE PATCHES HELP?
Spot patches work best on open pimples and whiteheads that have been ‘popped’ rather than cystic acne or closed comedones, and these are often the type that appear on our backs. They actively encourage faster recover from pimples, providing care for both active spots and the scars left behind.
They work by absorbing excess pus and liquid in the pimple itself, flattening them out and draining the liquid.
Best of all, you won’t experience any dryness or flaking after using these patches, unlike traditional anti-acne treatments like salicylic acid.
Aim to use 1 patch per day until the pimple has healed
HOW DO YOU USE THEM
1. Wash and completely dry the area affected by the pimple.
2. Remove the film from the packet and apply the spot patch directly to the pimple. If the pimple is on a hard-to-reach place on your back, you may need to get someone else to help!
3. Once the patch turns white (usually after 24 hours, but sometimes upto 48 hours later), remove it and apply another patch in its place until the pimple has fully healed.